Pardon the radio silence on my end, there hasn’t been a whole lot going on lately. But here is a little roundup of what has been going on with me in the last couple of weeks.
- I promise you, all is well with me. I haven’t been sick or anything out of the ordinary. I haven’t really had much inspiration to write, and when that happens, it tends to show on the blog. I usually get inspiration from things that happen in my life or in thoughts or conversations when I’m not getting it from my knitting.
- I haven’t been to that bookstore yet. I haven’t found a good time to ask. But I still really want to go.
- I did buy a book, though, from my local Walmart: Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly. For those of you unfamiliar with either the book or the movie, it is about several African-American female mathematicians whose calculations were instrumental in helping the United States to perform in the Space Race of the 1950s and 1960s, despite being actively discriminated against in their home state of Virginia, where segregation was still legal at the time, and despite the sexist attitudes of the era where women were viewed as inferior to men. I’m only into the first chapter at the moment (which follows a prologue). I was hoping to find The Handmaid’s Tale there as well, but no luck.
- I did start on that blanket I was talking about. I so far have the center square and one ray of four rectangles completed, as well as three rectangles of a second ray completed and the fourth one in progress. These two rays are perpendicular to each other, so I should be able to start filling in the first panel soon.
- The Phrygian cap is on hold for just a little bit, but I may revisit it soon.
- We had another cold blast come through (not lasting quite as long as the one that came through around New Year’s), but it still made for some very cold nights around here and we did have to turn our heater on for those nights. My feet are currently paying for it and my skin is feeling super dry from the lack of humidity.
- I am now on Goodreads, with the same username as here (snowlessknitter). Any other book nerds out there?
I hope to be able to write more soon, but that’s what’s been going on with me lately.